Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tyler's Weekend

Tyler had a busy weekend trying to keep up with mom. This was the first weekend in a very long time that we were home the entire time!! We went all kinds of places- Costco, the car wash, the mall, the grocery, the ABC store (that one was tricky with Tyler... too many heavy things to hold!). And some places we went twice (the grocery, of course)! I think we wore each other out. We also went on our first long walk outside in a long time, which reminded us why we had quit. Tyler was sweaty from head to toe when we got home- I felt very guilty!! Bath time quickly thereafter...

Tyler is getting so big that it is becoming difficult for me to carry him any distance in his car seat- I'm not strong enough, and it really hurts the crook of my arm now :P Oh well- soon I will be complaining that he has outgrown his car seat and I have to carry him everywhere (or use the stroller more). This will be before we know it, I'm afraid! I highly doubt he'll make it to one year old in the current seat. The weight limit is 22 pounds, so once we surpass this we will have to get a convertible seat (a large seat that is rear facing up to 30 pounds and then switches to front facing, but is stationary in the car- no more removable seats). I'm not entirely sure how much he weighs now, but he's getting BIG... long and solid in the torso... and a little chubby in the cheeks :) Still our cute little boy, but no more chicken legs in this household!

We don't have another official weigh-in (6 month well-baby visit) until August 21st. We'll keep you posted.

Tyler's new favorite (and cheap) chew toy: the renewal fliers out of magazines. He LOVES to chew on them until they're a messy pulp. We took this one away and he threw a FIT. We're going to stop this before it becomes too much fun. We'll find fiber sources in other ways, thank you very much.

We spent many hours Sunday scrubbing the mold and mildew off the side of the house. It may not look very impressive, but the before picture was a wall full of green and grey slime that took a LONG time to scrub off. Mom is EXHAUSTED. Tyler spent most of the time in the tent watching us (with a fan- it was very hot).
Sorry I've gotten so bad at taking Tyler pictures- will try to do better asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.